The 5 Rhythms practice is appropriate for anybody who likes to move and dance.
It is open to everybody, regardless of age, shape, fitness, sex, grades, ability, profession…you are very welcome. A few tips and „golden rules“
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Bring a bottle of water – you gonna be thirsty!
- We dance barefeet or with dancing shoes or trainers,
not with socks - can be dangerous
- Please come on time!
- At the beginning I give you time to arrive, I will play music without guidance for about 15 minutes. In this time you can relax on the floor, stretch, move, find a way to arrive in the space and in your body.
- Then we start with a guided warm-up, it may be a short wave or different exercises. After the warm-up we dive into a longer wave.
- I will accompany you, giving instructions or impulses, inviting you to direct your awarenenss or share inputs to a specific subject or energy I´m feeling in the room.
- Don´t forget, everybody was a beginner once – nothing to get right or wrong!
- Please be on time
- Please stay the entire 2 hours – early leaving disrupts the group-energy. When you feel tired, take a break by sitting or lying on the edges, remain in the room.
- No drugs! We want to come to clear self-awareness in the here and now.
- The dancing space is a body space – we speak through our body – Talking distracts you from your self-awareness. Please talk outside of the dancing space.
- Be responsible for the well-being of your body and aware of your limits.